Banana and choc chip muffins
These delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins have healthy, whole wheat flour, super-ripe bananas and brown sugar. These buttery soft muffins are great for quick breakfasts or snacks. Swap the baking pan, and you can make banana bread from them.
Healthy and Easy Banana Bread Muffins
Muffins are my favourite thing. Muffins are a great breakfast option or a delicious snack I can enjoy with my freshly brewed coffee.
The recipe is easy and quick because the batter can be made in just one bowl.
Healthy banana muffins are lighter than traditional muffins because they contain super ripe bananas with less sugar.
You’re correct! Use overripe bananas with little brown specks everywhere. You will end up with moist, sweet and easy banana bread muffins which taste like bananas.
This homemade muffin recipe is enriched with whole wheat flour’s nutty goodness and chocolate chips.
You can make these muffins into subtle, sweet Chocolate banana bread by simply changing the pan.
What is the difference between muffins and cupcakes?
There seems to be much debate over what makes a muffin different from a cupcake.
Muffins are larger and denser than cupcakes and may also have a topping. If they have one, they usually have a topping. This could be a sprinkle of mix-in ingredients, icing, or special crumb topping. Cupcakes, on the other side, are almost always finished in frosting.
This is how banana muffins are made. They’re sweeter than the original, but they don’t have any topping. In a moment, we’ll find out!
Super Ripe Bananas: Why?
Super-ripe bananas are the secret to making banana muffins that taste like bananas.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
The batter for banana bread is made with super-ripe bananas, melted butter, brown sugar and eggs. Vanilla extract (subs also included), baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips are added.
How to make chocolate banana muffins?
These healthy banana chocolate chip muffins can be combined in one bowl (thanks for cooled, melted butter). Baked and ready to go in under 30 minutes.
One-Bowl Banana Bread Batter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place butter in a microwaveable or on the stovetop. Keep aside.
- Add the peeled bananas to a large bowl and mash them with a fork. It should look like baby food, with very small pieces.
- Mix in the melted butter. Use a spatula to mix.
- Mix eggs with vanilla extract.
- Mix flour with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and baking soda until well combined.
- Mix the reserved flour with the chocolate chips to prevent them from sinking. Mix the batter in a bowl.
- Use cupcake liners to line a muffin tray. Fill the muffin tray with ice cream using a scoop.
- Bake the tray on the middle rack for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick or knife is clean. You can return it for another 1-2 minutes depending upon how wet it was.
- After the baking process is completed, take out the tray from the oven and let it cool for five minutes. The muffins can be removed from the tray with a knife or thin spatula. Once they are cool, transfer them to a wire rack.
Enjoy warm or cooled!