These six soup recipes will take you around the globe. The soup should get hotter as the temperature drops. We have some great soup recipes for you today if you’re tired of the same old soup.
It’s not necessary to eat soup in winter. But we know that winter can be chilly, so it’s always a good thing to have a nice cup of soup.
We have selected the easiest soups from each country for you to enjoy while watching a movie or with loved ones. Let’s find out which countries you’ll visit thanks to these six soup recipes.
Around the World with 6 Delicious Soups
From the East, we’re taking you to the West with the traditional French onion, all in the comfort of your home. If this sounds exciting, continue reading.
France – Soupe a l’oignon
If you don’t speak French, it is French onion soup. This is a soup that is delicious and one you’ll enjoy every week.
We will tell you about the history of French onion. Some say that King Louis XV was the one who created the famous French onion soup. He was starving at night and had nothing to eat but three ingredients: onions, butter, and champagne.
- All-purpose flour, one tablespoon
- Sugar, 1 Tablespoon
- 100 ml of dry white wine is optional
- Two liters of chicken broth or beef or vegetables if you like.
- Comte or Emmental cheese is ideal for 200g of shredded cheese.
- 75 gr Butter
- Sweet onion, 750 gr.
- Salt, freshly ground pepper, and nutmeg
- Toasted baguette slices or rustic bread
First step: prepare the onion soup
- We will begin with onions because they are the key ingredient in this recipe. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions to the pan once the butter is melted. Don’t forget the salt and pepper to give it a great taste. Stirring occasionally, fry until the color is a light brown.
- You can either buy the broth ready-made or, if you want to serve a true French dish, dissolve the cubes in boiling water. This is how the French made it.
- Pour a thick, beautiful texture, mix the flour with the broth, and add sugar, optional white wine, and the white wine.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes at medium-low heat.
Second Step: Make separate bowls
- The first thing you will do is to heat the oven. Pour the onion soup into the pan. This contains the onions that you have cooked in the previous step and the broth made in the subsequent stage.
- Toast the bread slices. Then, cover the soup with delicious bread slices.
- Add a generous amount of shredded cheese layer for finishing touches.
Broiling the cheese is the final step.
- You want the cheese to melt on the top of the bowl. So, you’ll place it under the grill for 10 minutes or so, depending on the oven. When you see the cheese melting, it’s time to serve.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the flavor.
Greece – Youvarlakia
Greece is the only country that has a legacy from the Olympic Games. Their meals had to be delicious and nutritious in order to compete and win at the Olympic games. Youvarlakia is the soup of choice for today. It is a delightful winter soup with all its components to keep you warm.
Youvarlakia, a delicious soup with tender beef meatballs in a creamy broth, is one of the most popular dishes. Avgolemono is a mixture of egg yolks and lemon juice that is blended with broth, boiled, and thickened. It adds an extra zesty flavor to the soup. Youvarlakia, a Greek main dish, is usually served with toast.
- Water 1 1/2 litre
- One clove of garlic
- One onion
- One teaspoon (or more) of mint
- Vegetable Stock Pot – 1 Tablespoon
- 1/4 bunch dill
- 15g of salt
- 150 ground grain rice
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons
- 500 g of ground beef, brisket
- lemon peels, one lemon
- Corn starch, one teaspoon (or more)
- Dill, one tablespoon
- Two medium egg yolks
- Lemon juice from 2 lemons
Serve with final touches:
- You can also read about it here
- feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Add the garlic, onion, and two tablespoons of water to your blender and blend thoroughly.
- We will need a lot of power to squeeze out the water.
- Mix the ground beef with the freshly squeezed mixture. Add dill and rice. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Form 18-20 meatballs after everything is thoroughly mixed. Could you place them in the pot?
- Add water, bay leaves, and lemon peel to the pot along with the meatballs. Wait for the magic. Cover the pot. Simmer at low heat for 30- 40 minutes.