In this particular month for families, get your kids involved in the kitchen with these easy and simple recipes. Anyone can learn them. Spending time with your kids while they cook delicious meals will improve their skills and make for a fun time.
* 500g minced Beef
* 500g grated cheddar cheese
* 500g tomatoes, diced
Olive oil, two tablespoons
* 1 large red onion chopped
* 2 crushed garlic cloves
* 125g sweet corn, rinsed and drained
* 2 teaspoons of paprika
* one teaspoon of cumin ground
* 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
* 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* four tortillas
* Add salt and pepper to your taste
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Oil in a pan is heated over medium heat. Stir and cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Season the minced beef with salt and pepper. Cook until brown.
* Stir in the corn, cumin, paprika, and diced tomatoes, then add them to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes. Add half of the coriander and season with pepper and salt. Mix well the ingredients and let them cool for 10 minutes.
Place a 20cm, six cm-deep round pan onto a baking sheet. Spread 1/3 of the mixture on one tortilla. Sprinkle some cheese over the top. Repeat with the remaining layers. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
* Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. Garnish the dish with diced onions, tomatoes, and coriander.