Fresh rice paper rolls originated in Vietnam and have become a healthy snack full of new flavors. While we’d happily order rice paper rolls from a restaurant, making them yourself can be daunting, especially when you have so many options!
The staple ingredients in rice paper rolls traditionally include:
- Rice paper sheets
- Vermicelli rice noodles
- Vegetables like carrots, lettuce, cucumber, and bean sprouts
- Fresh herbs like mint, coriander, and Thai basil
- Tofu, chicken, pork, cooked prawns, beef, and other proteins
- Fresh chili is only for some, but it is an optional addition.
There is a rice-paper roll for everyone! Here are our top fillings for all occasions and tastes:
1. Our mini-prawn rice paper rolls are flavorful and ready in 35 minutes.
2. Vermicelli noodles may contain gluten. Try our beef and quinoa rice paper roll with tamarind sauce if you want a gluten-free recipe.
3. Rice paper rolls can be a healthy and easy way to use leftover meat. For a delicious chicken recipe, see our Vietnamese rice paper rolls. This recipe uses shredded chicken. Use up leftover pork roast with our delightful pork rice paper rolls
4. Rice paper rolls make a tasty meat-free snack for vegetarians and vegans. Try our delicious goi cuon rice paper rolls (tofu) with creamy peanut sauce for an incredible vegetarian starter. For a vegan recipe, we recommend our tasty mushroom rice paper rolls
5. Today, fusion cuisine is all the rage. So get creative and make our vegetable rice paper roll that combines traditional Vietnamese flavors with Japanese-style sashimi to give a gourmet twist!
6. The kids can also help you roll the rice paper rolls! Our colorful Tuna Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls are filled with cooked tuna, fresh vegetables, and various colors.
7. Try our fruit paper rolls for a sweet take on a classic savory dish. They are made with coconut rice, fresh seasonal fruits, and a caramelized palm sugar that kids will love.