People always talk about how expensive vegetables can be and why eating healthy food on a tight budget is impossible. Au contraire, mon frere! While some veggies are more expensive than others, many basic vegetables can be used to bulk up your meals without breaking the bank. This Roasted Carrot Feta Salad shows how to make these raw vegetables super delicious or even drool-worthy.
This Carrot and Feta Salad is a great combination of sweet carrots, salty Feta and parsley. It’s bursting with green freshness, and I love it! It’s like a vegetable version of Melon, Mint & Feta Salad. I’m beginning to believe that Feta makes everything more delicious. Are you right?
The other reason you will love this salad is its versatility. It is so easy. It’s so easy to get it started before you begin the rest of the dinner. The oven will do all the work.
DO YOU SERVE THIS SALAD HOT?
This salad tastes best warm or slightly hot. The roasted carrots should be warmed up before you start to make the salad. They will melt the Feta and cause the parsley to wilt. You can either eat leftovers or warm them up in the microwave.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FETA AND ROASTED CARROT SALAD
This salad is great with roasted meats like Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin or quick pan-cooked meats like Balsamic chicken and mushrooms. Or a sandwich like Greek Turkey Burgers. It could be a side dish to a vegetarian meal, such as Portobello Mushroom Burgers or Spanish Chickpeas & Rice.
ROASTED CARROT & FETA SALAD
This Roasted Carrot & Feta Salad is a cheap side dish that can be served as a side dish. It combines sweet roasted carrots and salty Feta with fresh parsley to make a simple and affordable salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 lbs. 2 lb. carrots ($1.19)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- Salt and pepper to your liking ($0.05).
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (0.45)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese ($1.10)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400oF Cut the carrots into 1-inch pieces. To reduce the thickness of the thicker carrot ends, you can also cut them in half lengthwise. To ensure that they roast simultaneously, make sure you cut the carrots in equal length and thickness.
- For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet using parchment. Spread the carrots on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil over them. Toss the carrots with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake the baking sheet for 40 minutes in the oven, turning once halfway through.
- The carrots should be softened after 40 minutes. The surface of the carrots will have a little blistering, and the bottoms will be browned. Allow the carrots to cool down a little so that they don’t steam. As the carrots cool, chop the parsley finely and crumble the Feta.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, parsley and crumbled feta. Toss in a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well. Serve warm.
Serving Size: 0.75 Cup Calories: 179.7 Kcal Carbohydrates are 22.4 g Protein 3.68 g Fat 9.4 g Sodium: 475.33 mg Fiber 6.55 g